Tamworth Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Tamworth Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing tamworth.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Tamworth for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Tamworth?
Tamworth Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums, and historical venues are great attractions for those who want to learn and appreciate art, culture, and history. For visitors to Tamworth, these venues are a must-visit for an enriching experience.
- Tamworth Regional Gallery: Located on Peel Street, this gallery exhibits both contemporary and historical art. It also houses the Tamworth Textile Triennial Exhibition, which showcases the best textile art from Australia and New Zealand.
- Ray Walsh House Art Gallery: Situated on Brisbane Street, this gallery features artworks from local artists, including paintings, sculptures, and photography. It's a great place to discover Tamworth's creative community.
- Tamworth Community Gallery: Located within the Tamworth Regional Art Gallery, this space is dedicated to showcasing works by local and regional artists. It's a great opportunity for emerging artists to get their work noticed.
- Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum: This museum, located on Gunnedah Road, displays a collection of vintage and modern motorcycles, including Harley Davidsons and Ducatis. It's a must-visit for motorcycle enthusiasts.
- Tamworth Powerstation Museum: This museum, also located on Gunnedah Road, is housed in the old power station and features exhibits about Tamworth's energy history. Visitors can see the original generators and tour the power station.
- Walk A Country Mile Museum: This museum is located in the historic village of Nundle, 60 km southwest of Tamworth, and showcases the early Australian way of life. Visitors can see displays of historic tools, machinery, and farm equipment.
- Tamworth Marsupial Park and Adventure Playground: This park, located on Upper Street, has a large collection of Australian native fauna, including kangaroos, wallabies, and koalas. It also includes an adventure playground for kids.
- Calala Cottage Museum: This cottage, located on Denison Street, is one of the oldest buildings in Tamworth and showcases the early colonial life. Visitors can see the original furniture and decor from the early 1900s.
- Oxley Scenic Lookout: Located on the New England Highway, this lookout provides panoramic views of Tamworth and its surrounds. It's a great spot for picnics and relaxation.
Tamworth offers a range of galleries, museums, and historical venues that cater to different interests. Whether you're into art, culture, or history, there's something for everyone. Visitors can explore Tamworth's creative community, learn about its energy history, discover early Australian way of life, or simply take in the panoramic views.
Tamworth Galleries and Museums Articles